March 4, 2017, Sean Conners
While America has been sidetracked with fantastic stories of Russian spies and the Trump supporters who loved them, maybe justifiably so, GOP-controlled House of Representatives has been busy introducing bills that further the far right wing agenda.
The key word in 2017 must be ‘multi-task” because they are certainly multi-tasking with these heartless bills …
1. HR 861 Terminate the Environmental Protection Agency
2. HR 610 Vouchers for Public Education
3. HR 899 Terminate the Department of Education
4. HJR 69 Repeal Rule Protecting Wildlife
5. HR 370 Repeal Affordable Care Act
** The interesting thing about this one is that on 02/10/2017 it was referred to the Subcommittee on Indian, Insular and Alaska Native Affairs. Because that’s the ‘key” committee a bill on the nation’s health care should be referred to.
6. HR 354 Defund Planned Parenthood
** This, despite countless pushbacks by the courts. They just keep “throwing it out there” because one day some court will see it their way.
7. HR 785 National Right to Work (this one ends unions)
** So much for unions and “state’s rights” regarding unions. This one essentially kills unionization. You are on your own — good luck!
8. HR 83 Mobilizing Against Sanctuary Cities Bill
9. HR 147 Criminalizing Abortion (“Prenatal Nondiscrimination Act”)
**The GOP is standing up against discrimination — when it comes to prosecuting those who would respect a woman’s choice.
10. HR 808 Sanctions against Iran
**Treaty? Pfft … we don’t need no stinking treaty.