Saturday, March 25, 2017

The effort to filibuster Gorsuch just got a big boost

Ian Millhiser
Justice Editor, ThinkProgress. Author of Injustices: SCOTUS’ History of Comforting the Comfortable and Afflicting the Afflicted imillhiser@thinkprogress.org

The highest ranking Democrat in the United States Senate is on Team Spine.

“I have concluded that I cannot support Judge Neil Gorsuch’s nomination to the Supreme Court,” Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) announced on the Senate floor Thursday morning. More significantly, Schumer also indicated that he will join a filibuster of Gorsuch’s nomination.
“His nomination will have a cloture vote,” said Schumer. Gorsuch “will have to earn 60 votes for confirmation. My vote will be no, and I urge my colleagues to do the same.”

Read more
https://thinkprogress.org/the-effort-to-filibuster-gorsuch-just-got-a-big-boost-7c268dcdbd00#.wfusvlvy5

No comments: