Wednesday, January 07, 2009

American Cars

Click on the image to enlarge so you can read the fine print.


The last new American Car I bought was a Chrysler 300, just before the 300C's came out. It was a nice riding car, lots of room. But I had quite a few mechanical problems with it and the dealership didn't seem to want to do much to help me out.

Before that I drove Pontiac's for about 12 years (mostly Bonnevilles) and they were good cars. When I went to buy my 4th, they had reduced the seating capacity of the cars (I'm a big guy - long legs) so that's when I bought the Chrysler.

After the Chrysler I went with Nissan - first a Maxima, now a Murano. Nice cars - I'll buy another one when I'm due.

As for the bailout, I agree that it had to be done, but I don't think that the American car makers have done much to research what Americans want in cars. I can't believe that the best they can do is reduce driver compartment size or build cars that fall apart.


No comments: