Monday, March 12, 2007

Did You Know - Newt Gingrich

From OpEdNews.com - read more here...

When former Georgia congressman Newt Gingrich needed to unload (no pun intended) about his extramarital affair, he selected Dobson to interview him. This urge to purge is politically motivated, undoubtedly. Seems Newt is testing the base of the Republican Party, airing his cheating past to see if an admission to indiscretion will hinder a run for the presidency. “There are times that I have fallen short of my own standards. There’s certainly times when I’ve fallen short of God’s standards,” said Newt. Oh, what perfectly chosen words. The mention of “God” is particularly priceless.

Of course, in his confession, he implies that his indiscretion was much less worse that Bill Clinton's because Clinton lied under oath about his affair. But my question is - why was Clinton asked about an affair under oath? Why was it anyone else's business if Newt's wasn't our business? Bunch of hypocrites, if you ask me, but then - I make that point at least weekly in this blog.

No comments: