Never has a Conservative Texas newspaper so destroyed a sitting Republican president as did the states major rag. It is an article that completely lays waste to everything Donald Trump has done or stands for entirely.
The Dallas News did not pull any punches as they completely itemized Trump's policy failures and his downright embarrassing behavior. The article is titled "Let's outline Trump's achievements during his first six months in office" and begins on an attacking note.
President Donald Trump's first six months have been defined by his often angry and tasteless tweets, his ham-handed efforts to denigrate and undercut the multiple investigations into Russian influence in the 2016 election and the stalemated legislative battle to repeal and replace Obamacare. But Trump is right in saying he has significantly influenced government and the nation's image -- though much of his impact has been negative.
Here are a few of Trump's foreign policy failures.
- Embraced autocrats in Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Philippines, Egypt and abandoned longtime U.S leadership in seeking to enhance democracy and human rights.Insulted U.S. allies in Europe, especially Germany, and undercut
- Insulted U.S. allies in Europe, especially Germany, and undercut long-standing U.S. treaty commitments.
- Compromised Israel's intelligence sources.
- Spurred more divisiveness in an already divided Middle East by setting off a squabble between Saudi Arabia, a major U.S. ally, and Qatar, home of the region's biggest U.S. military base.
- Undermined U.S. global leadership on climate change by withdrawing from the Paris agreement, joining only Syria and Nicaragua as nonparticipants.
And here is a subset of domestic failures they enumerated.
- Proposed a budget with massive cuts that would shred the social safety net and cripple long-standing governmental functions.
- Created uncertainty in the nation's health care system by sending inconsistent administrative signals and supporting legislation that could deprive millions of people health insurance coverage, undermine Medicaid health support for lower income Americans and give wealthy taxpayers a massive tax cut.
- Mismanaged the federal government by failing to fill many top spots and installing an inexperienced, dysfunctional White House staff.
- Expanded the policy of deporting dangerous illegal aliens by including many people with minimal records, stable jobs, and American families.
- Hired foxes to watch the chicken coops by filling his administration with arch-conservatives, many with records opposing the very agencies in which they work, and curbing civil rights and environmental enforcement.
And some of the institutional damage he inflicted on America.
- Committed potentially impeachable offenses of obstructing justice that prompted appointment of a Special Counsel by firing FBI Director James Comey, because of his probe into possible Trump campaign collusion with Russia, and urging other intelligence officials to pressure Comey to halt the probe.
- Repeatedly misrepresented his administration's policies and trashed officials with whom he has disagreements, calling the ousted Comey "a nut job," Senate Democratic Leader Chuck Schumer the "head clown" and House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi an "incompetent."
- Intensified racial and other divisions by reducing governmental civil rights guarantees and reversing protections for sexual and racial minorities.Violated his own self-proclaimed ethics laws by allowing officials to deal with issues affecting their former
- Violated his own self-proclaimed ethics laws by allowing officials to deal with issues affecting their former
- Waged a vendetta against news outlets subjecting his administration to scrutiny, calling the mainstream media the "enemy of the American people" and denouncing unfavorable stories as "fake news." Undercut White House press institutions intended to facilitate dialogue between the presidency and the public.
Trump has failed so far to enact promised measures to increase economic growth, resulting in reduced long-term forecasts. Many economic numbers he touts exaggerate his impact and denigrate the carryover effect of positive Obama policies. Military progress against ISIS has not eased its terrorist threat.
The author then pointed out that the results of this president's failure caused the lowest poll numbers for any modern president, exacerbated domestic division, and created global disdain and embarrassment. For an author to be granted such a platform to this truthful about the failure that is Donald Trump may indicate that the Republican Party may be testing waters to throw the president overboard.