Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Personal freedom?

When I first saw these posters online, I was going to pass them by - they did not fit my shoot-from-the-hip political philosophy. But then, I thought again - should people be put in the position of having to do a job they find uncomfortable?

An employee can always not apply for a job, or refuse a job, or quit a job, based on personal beliefs. Maybe business owners should be able to refuse a job as well - not just because of religious reasons, but anytime they take moral umbrage at a particular project.

Business owners have personal freedom as well as customers. The Arizona law was written poorly because it focused solely on religious beliefs - but there may be a lot that needs to be discussed here, or am I missing something?








No comments: