Sunday, March 30, 2014

The ACA - some people are waking up to the benefits

Former "naive, abandoned" Republican now calls them "narrow-minded, brainwashed, war-minded" (Click here to read more)


Gottalaff
Wednesday, March 26, 2014
.
In one of today's Los Angeles Times letters to the editor, a former Republican minces no words about how her party failed her. Elizabeth Warren mentioned a few of the worst corporate conservatives in my previous post, "Soon you'll have a Supreme Court that is a wholly owned subsidiary of big business."
.
On a more positive note, did I mention that more and more Americans are discovering the benefits of the Affordable Care Act, aka Obamacare?
.
    Re "Health law's winners in plain sight," Column, March 23
    I was a loyal Republican for 30 years, yet once I was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis, every health insurance company told me "no coverage."
.
    This was my wake-up call - knowing my party had abandoned me when I needed it most.
.
    I am now an independent, and so proud that someone empowered the people to stand up to the big corporate healthcare companies.
.
    How can we consider ourselves proud Americans when we abandon our own people because of a chronic disease? How can we allow corporate America to write our laws?
.
    How do we allow our representatives to sign a pledge to the wealthiest people, forgetting the majority? I am ashamed that I ever was naive enough to consider myself a Republican; I find them narrow-minded, brainwashed and war-minded.
.
    Laura Mellody
    Riverside

No comments: