Saturday, March 15, 2014

As our nation self-destructs...

Unarmed airman shot in gut by Alabama police as he lay on ground following traffic accident (Click on this link to read more)

By Travis Gettys
Wednesday, March 12, 2014 9:19 EDT
.
Police shot a 20-year-old airman as he lay on the ground following a traffic accident along Interstate 85 in Alabama, the man's family said.
.
Air Force Airman 1st Class Michael Davidson was traveling Thursday evening from Texas to Seymour Johnson Air Force Base, near Goldsboro, N.C., in a 2004 GMC Envoy when he changed lanes and clipped a semi-truck with his driver's side mirror, according to police.
.
Davidson stopped and got out of his SUV to exchange insurance information with the semi's driver, the airman's father told the Opelika-Auburn News.
.
"He said he didn't get that far," said Billy Davidson. "When (he was walking) to the truck, he said he heard something but couldn't tell what it was. There was a lot of noise, but (he) could see the reflection of the lights off the truck - the police lights. Then he did what I told him to do. I told my boys if you see police lights (to) stop, put your hands up and turn around."
.
The elder Davidson said his son held up his arms, holding his wallet in one hand.
.
"The next thing I know I was on the ground," Michael Davidson told his father. "That's when they shot me. I didn't realize he shot me. I didn't know what happened. It was so fast. They couldn't have been there three or four seconds when I was shot.

No comments: