Monday, April 29, 2013

Conservatives and the Stupid Things They Say

From Forward Progressives


April 22, 2013 By Allen Clifton

I know this has probably been done hundreds of times, but I felt like putting my spin on it anyway.  After a day in which I went through hundreds of comments from Republicans on my various articles and Facebook page, I felt motivated to write this article to vent a little bit about the ignorance I commonly run across.

And I’m pretty sure most who read this will have seen this same type of stupidity.

Here we go…

    “The government never does anything for me.”– Said by the person who drove on public roads from their job, which provides overtime pay and safe working conditions for its employees, to pick up their child/children from public school.  A trip that was made safe due to a system of well organized traffic signals.
    “Keep the government out of my health care.”– Said by the person on Medicare.
    “FEMA is unconstitutional.”– Said by the person prior to their town, and home, being destroyed by a natural disaster.
    “I’m for a fiscally responsible government.”– Said by the person who voted for both Reagan and Bush twice.

[Click on the link above to read the rest of the article.]

No comments: