Sunday, October 16, 2011

I have done well in my life. I am not rich - I am not 1 of the 1% - I am one of the 99%. I had a good job and contributed to my own well being and that of the country (paid taxes, provided services, etc.)


I just posted 2 videos that I believe pinpoint the current state of affairs in the United States - we are giving up our freedoms for a little security, which is not security at all, as our freedoms fall away. Remember when we were told that Al Qaeda hated us for our freedom? Ha. One of the most tell-tale signs that our freedom is being eroded is the strong arm tactics of the TSA. Some argue that the government has the right to search us when we travel because it is "a choice" that we make to get on an airplane or travel by train, but I fail to see where in the Bill of Rights of this nation that it says where our liberties need only be allowed when we are doing something not-by-choice.


What's next - searching us as we enter restaurants - because we eat there by choice? How about when you drink municipal water - because you drink by choice?  Where does it stop?


Read the 4th Amendment to the US Constitution again, and tell me where it says anything about restrictions on our freedoms.



The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

No comments: