Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Biden: 'Not Sure' 2020 Presidential Run Is 'The Appropriate Thing For Me To Do'

Zeke Miller · Monday, November 13, 2017, 7:18 am

WASHINGTON (AP) — Former Vice President Joe Biden said he is uncertain about a run for president in 2020, but indicated he’s looking for fresh blood to lead the Democratic Party back to the White House.

“I’ve done it a long time,” said Biden, who previously ran for president in 1988 and 2008, “and I’m just not sure it’s the appropriate thing for me to do.”

His comments came in an interview with Snapchat’s ‘Good Luck America’ set to be released Tuesday morning, in one of Biden’s first on-camera interviews since leaving office in January. The Associated Press was provided with an exclusive preview of the interview.

Biden suggested that if “no one steps up,” he’d be open to giving it another try. “I’m not doing anything to run,” he said. “I’m not taking names, I’m not raising money, I’m not talking to anybody, but something’s got to happen.”

Read more
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/biden-not-sure-202-run-appropriate

No comments: