Thursday, August 25, 2016

Clinton is 'drawing on my experience in elementary school' to prepare to debate Trump

Rss@dailykos.com (laura Clawson) · Tuesday, August 23, 2016, 12:22 pm

Jimmy Kimmel questioned “the co-founder of ISIS” about debate prep on Monday night. Does Hillary Clinton “laugh, or do you get upset” about things like Donald Trump calling her the co-founder of ISIS?

“I don’t get upset anymore, because I’d be upset all the time,” and “I think it’s crazy,” but more seriously, it’s “giving aid and comfort to the bad guys.” But about that debate prep, speaking of a time when Clinton might face Trump calling her the co-founder of ISIS live and in person.

“You have to prepare,” Clinton said, but:

“I watched a lot of his debates during the primaries. And he insulted all of his opponents, he insulted all of the moderators, he insulted, I guess, about 80 percent of the American people and the rest of the world.”

So what does she plan to do with that?

“I am drawing on my experience in elementary school. You know, the guy who pulled your ponytail.”

According to Kimmel, “that meant he liked you, really,” but let’s put that one to bed: Donald Trump is clear evidence that the ponytail-puller might just be an abusive bully. This may be one situation where Hillary Clinton’s decades of experience at handling abuse from the right will come in handy.

http://feeds.dailykos.com/~r/dailykos/index/~3/LRXqDTF1S08/-Clinton-is-drawing-on-my-experience-in-elementary-school-to-prepare-to-debate-Trump

No comments: