Sunday, November 02, 2014

On the GOP restricting your voting rights


(Not that my opinion matters one little bit, but here's my take on voting rights. Voting is a right, not a privilege. If we're going to require voter ID, which is not all that evil, then we need to make it easy to get the required documents. For the elderly and the shut-ins we have an obligation to attend to them where they are - nursing homes, at-home, or wherever. It is just plain wrong to deny citizens the right to vote because of their personal circumstances.

And another thing. Where I live (NY State), I have never waited more than 20 minutes to vote. In those southern states where I see the lines of people waiting for hours to vote, they should be required to double - even triple - the number of voting stations. What they do is tantamount to a crime against democracy.

But that's just me.

Bozo)

No comments: