Friday, January 24, 2014

Republicans are alienating a LOT of people.

GOProud co-founder gives up, leaves Republican Party (Click on this heading to read more)


And the last horse crosses the finish line: GOProud co-founder Jimmy LaSalvia has announced that he will be leaving the Republican Party.
.
    "I just came to the realization that the Republican Party doesn't represent my principles and values," LaSalvia told POLITICO. "I'm a small government conservative and they're for big government. They're happy to have big government as long as they're in charge, More importantly, I don't tolerate bigotry of any kind, whether it's anti-gay bigotry, anti-Muslim bigotry. And they do and that's just not OK with me."
[...]
    The whole culture of the party is just not what I had always worked for, and I think though that the fact that they are so out of touch culturally is the biggest issue for me. That's something that can't be dealt with with policy changes or messaging changes. That's about who they are. To me, that is the biggest issue, that the leadership in the party is so out of touch culturally that I don't think there's any hope for them.

No comments: