Saturday, November 03, 2007

Diplomats In Fight For Freedom

A few days ago I posted an item about American diplomats (State Department Employees) being told that there were too few diplomats volunteering to go to Iraq, so that State Department was going to force some of them to go. It was a sort of "draft" for non-combatant employees.

At the time of that post, I noted that there was a protest going on by the State Department folks and that, when I found a source regarding the situation, I would post it here. Well,
Wonkette had a few choice words about the situation - and a link or two to some news articles about the flap. Click the link for more.

The biggest complaints diplomats have about the U.S. Embassy in Iraq is that, well, people tend to shoot at it. In fact, they’re always shooting at things in Iraq. Everywhere! And of course, this makes for some saaaad pandas:

One woman said she returned from a tour in Basra with post-traumatic stress disorder only to find that the State Department would not authorize medical treatment.

Boo-freaking-hoo, lady. “Ooh, look at me, I saw a man get shot and stuff and… and… it was all weird, I’m a little baby, wah wah wah!” Get over it! Go and serve your country already, like I do every day by making fun of it on the Internet.

No comments: