Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Is This Right?

I lost track of the source of this chart (and I find a lot of stuff loose on the Usenet so I may never have had the source), but it is probably accurate. However, my limited knowledge of the economics of the bailout tells me that these figures for the economic crisis include monies not actually spent, but guarantees given by the Federal Reserve System to failing banks and financial institutions.

The "Wall Street Bailout" figures also, most-likely, do not include anticipated returns from loans that the government has made.

My final comment: Although the chart does not indicate the basis used for all of the monetary amounts, one would have to assume that any organization sophisticated enough to put this together also used constant dollar amounts, thus accounting for inflation.


No comments: