Friday, December 16, 2016

‘I’ve gotten death threats’: Pelosi’s daughter rips Fox host for ‘lying’ about electoral challenge

David Edwards DAVID EDWARDS
14 DEC 2016 AT 14:02 ET                  

Christine Pelosi, the daughter of Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), accused Fox News host Neil Cavuto of putting her and other electors in danger by mischaracterizing an effort to obtain an intelligence briefing on Russia’s involvement in the presidential election.

In a letter to Director of National Intelligence James Clapper on Monday, Pelosi and other electors asked for information about “Russian election interference.” Citing Alexander Hamilton’s The Federalist Paper No. 68, the electors contend that they have a duty to ensure “that the American people elect a president who is constitutionally qualified and fit to serve.”

Cavuto suggested to Pelosi on Wednesday that the effort was “about hurting Donald Trump and the credibility of this election and nothing more.”

“This is really about finding out the truth,” Pelosi replied. “If it was reverse, you know and I know that the congressional Republicans would have already have held hearings.”

“You are trying to get electors who are herefore bound to the Republican candidate in Republican states to switch their allegiance,” Cavuto charged.

“Don’t put words in my mouth,” Pelosi shot back. “You owe it to the American people to let me tell the truth and to not lie about what I just said.”

According to Pelosi, Cavuto was repeating a lie first told by fringe conservative radio host Alex Jones, who suggested that she was organizing a coup d’etat to overturn the presidential election.

“I’ve gotten death threats!” she exclaimed. “So it’s not helpful for me if you’re going to lie about what I am saying. That’s not helpful for me, that’s not safe for me or my family.”

“I have no agenda here!” Cavuto yelled back. “I’m just saying that it seems that you do… Do you want them to switch their votes? Yes or no.”

“What I want to do is get the information,” Pelosi insisted. “What I want to do is not to have you mischaracterize what I say so that I get even more death threats and more insults.”

“You wouldn’t even know half of the threats that I get when I raise critical stories about either candidate!” Cavuto scoffed. “I wish I could get any accurate words out of your mouth.”

“Excuse me, you’ve got many accurate words out of my mouth,” Pelosi said. “Please don’t call me a liar.”

Throughout the 17 minute interview, the Fox host demanded Pelosi name the ways that Hillary Clinton “botched” the election. For her part, Pelosi focused on the Russian connections to information published by Wikileaks and the unusual election interference caused by FBI Director James Comey.

“Or she just could have been a lousy candidate,” Cavuto shrugged.

“Well, I don’t know that a lousy candidate wins the popular vote by more than two million votes than her opponent,” Pelosi observed.

Read more
http://www.rawstory.com/2016/12/ive-gotten-death-threats-pelosis-daughter-rips-fox-host-for-lying-about-electoral-challenge/

No comments: