Monday, December 07, 2015

Shooting report and the failure of American gun policies

GunFail

November 28, 2015: I'm 15 and a friend and I were playing with a gun. I'm the one that got shot – in the leg. Our neighbors last saw my friend being taken away in handcuffs by the police.

November 30, 2015: I (age 50) took some friends to the shooting range and while trying to put my gun back in my holster, I shot the 14-year-old girl in the family I brought with me. Bullet went into her chest and out her back. I'm sure hoping she'll be okay. Meanwhile, I had a good time showing off my gun.

November 30, 2015: My buddy and I were messin' with our guns, getting ready to go hunting the next day, when I accidentally popped a cap in his head. He's dead at age 15. But we had fun playing with our guns before he died.

November 30, 2015: They say guns don't shoot people, but mine shot me. I'm 16 and was driving my pick-up truck, the gun bouncing around or something in the cab of the truck, when it went off and shot me in the arm. But darn it all, I'm 16 and I've got a truck and a gun – life is good.

November 30, 2015: I (18) shot my 17-year-old friend. He died. I may get charged with manslaughter. Bummer.

No comments: