Sunday, July 19, 2015

A matter of confusion - thoughts anyone?

I USUALLY am very committed to my core beliefs, but once in a while, an issue comes along that I can't get a grip on.  Take this meme for example...


Do businesses, especially small businesses, have to serve anyone and everyone who comes into their shop if the requests fall short of being illegal? Religious freedom can be used as an excuse to discriminate, but is it not also a right of people to reject a job if they feel that it violates their sense of right and wrong?

I am bothered by this dilemma and my own confusion as to where to take a stand.

Should a black shop owner be forced to make hoods for the KKK? Should a gun owner be forced to sell guns to an enraged man swearing about the man who just slept with his girlfriend? Should a Christian shop-owner be forced to make a cake for a gay couple?

Where the hell do we draw the line on individual rights when two people's rights conflict with one-another?

No comments: