Sunday, January 22, 2017

The many ironies of Trump's inaugural speech...

Rss@dailykos.com (kerry Eleveld) · Friday, January 20, 2017, 1:13 pm

Donald Trump gave a mercifully short speech Friday at his inauguration, but it was still replete with irony. Here's some of our favorites.

1. Trump: “Today we are not merely transferring power from one Administration to another, or from one party to another – but we are transferring power from Washington, D.C. and giving it back to you, the American People...”

...through all of the billionaire elites that I have chosen to represent you.

2. Trump: "Because this moment is your moment, it belongs to you..."

...except it doesn't since I lost the popular vote by nearly 3 million votes.

3. Trump: "When you open your heart to patriotism, there is no room for prejudice..."

...except for all the rapists and drug dealers and murderers.

4. Trump: "I will fight for you with every breath in my body – and I will never, ever let you down..."

...except for that whole 2016 campaign thing, oh, and this dark and gloomy speech.

5. Trump: "We will follow two simple rules: Buy American and Hire American..."

...going forward, of course, because I've always bought foreign and hired foreign.

6. Trump: “We will reinforce old alliances...”

...except for the North Atlantic Treaty Organization that has formed the bedrock of our international alliances since World War II.

7. Trump: "We must speak our minds openly, debate our disagreements honestly, but always pursue solidarity..."

...openly, if you agree with me; honestly, if you accept my facts; in solidarity, so long as my way is your way.

Read more
http://feeds.dailykos.com/~r/dailykos/index/~3/5FH1l04LiHI/-The-many-ironies-of-Trump-s-inauguration-speech

No comments: