Monday, January 20, 2014

Marijuana - stop the charade

Supporting medical pot is like supporting civil unions (Click on this heading to read more)

Rss@dailykos.com (kos)
Friday, January 17, 2014, 11:14 am

Several Nevada municipalities are issuing moratoriums on medical marijuana dispensaries, but Harry Reid really thinks they should be moving in the opposite direction - toward making medicinal pot legal.

"If you'd asked me this question a dozen years ago, it would have been easy to answer - I would have said no, because (marijuana) leads to other stuff," the Senate majority leader told the Sun today. "But I can't say that anymore." I think we need to take a real close look at this," Reid went on. "I think that there's some medical reasons for marijuana."

Awesome! I mean, awesome if this was 10 years ago. This has about the same effect as people who think they're all open-minded and forward-thinking for supporting civil unions. It's better than nothing, to be sure, but the world has already passed them by.

No comments: